In this section, you learned about how to complete an application form, prepare a list of references, obtain your credit history, and write an effective cover letter. Here’s a review of the key points.
- Some properties are rented on a first-come, first-served basis. Be prepared to submit complete, accurate and legible application forms on the spot.
- When attending viewings, remember to bring your references, cover letter, credit check, pet resume, and certificate of completion from this course.
- Consider your digital footprint. Do you need to delete content or restrict access online?
- Landlords are not allowed to charge application fees
- There are privacy rules that limit the personal information a landlord can ask for and collect.
- Landlords must treat you fairly. They are not allowed to discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, etc.